Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312-773X (Online)
Issue:Volume 16, book 4, 2010
Subject Collection:Oral and Dental Medicine
Page: 41 - 42
Online date: Nov 5, 2010
COMBINING A LATERALLY MOVED FLAP IN CLOSING LOCAL GINGIVAL RECESSION WITH THE USE OF STRAUMANN EMDOGAIN GEL
*Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical University - Varna, Bulgaria
So far there is no universal solution regarding treatment of gingival recession. The author proposes his own version of updating one of the methods of treating gingival recession, namely a laterally moved flap with the addition of enamel matrix proteins. In the author’s opinion, this method is the least invasive and there are the least contraindications to it.
Key words: gingival recession, laterally moved flap, Straumann Emdogain gel.
Page: 41-42; FULL TEXT PDF (110 KB) Abstract
1. Santana RB, Mattos CM, Dibart S. A clinical comparison of two flap designs for coronal advancement of the gingival margin: semilunar versus coronally advanced flap. J Clin Periodontol. 2010 Jun 1. [ PubMed]
2. Khuller N. Coverage of gingival recession using tunnel connective tissue graft technique. J Indian Soc Periodontol. 2009 May;13(2):101-5. [PubMed]
3. Santamaria MP, Ambrosano GM, Casati MZ, Nociti FH Jr, Sallum AW, Sallum EA. The influence of local anatomy on the outcome of treatment of gingival recession associated with non-carious cervical lesions. J Periodontol. 2010 Jul;81(7):1027-34. PubMed PMID: 20214443.
4. Chambrone LA, Chambrone L. Treatment of Miller Class I and II localized recession defects using laterally positioned flaps: a 24-month study. Am J Dent. 2009 Dec;22(6):339-44. [PubMed]
5. Kassab MM, Badawi H, Dentino AR. Treatment of gingival recession. Dent Clin North Am. 2010 Jan;54(1):129-40. Review. [PubMed]
6: Aroca S, Keglevich T, Nikolidakis D, Gera I, Nagy K, Azzi R, Etienne D. Treatment of class III multiple gingival recessions: a randomized-clinical trial. J Clin Periodontol. 2010 Jan;37(1):88-97. [PubMed]
7: Pourabbas R, Chitsazi MT, Kosarieh E, Olyaee P. Coronally advanced flap in combination with acellular dermal matrix with or without enamel matrix derivatives for root coverage. Indian J Dent Res. 2009 Jul-Sep;20(3):320-5.[
8: Moriyama T, Matsumoto S, Makiishi T. Root coverage technique with enamel matrix derivative. Bull Tokyo Dent Coll. 2009 May;50(2):97-104. [
9. Grupe HE, Warren RF. Repair of gingival defects by a sliding flap operation.J.Periodontol 1956; 27:92-99.
10. Grigoriantz LA, Badalian The use of lateral removed flap for closing local recession of gingival, J. Clinical stomatology 1, 2002 p.54-56
back to Online Journal