Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312-773X (Online)
Issue:Volume 16, book 4, 2010
Subject Collection:Oral and Dental Medicine
Page: 43 - 44
Online date: Nov 26, 2010
OSSEOUS AND DENTAL PROBLEMS IN PATIENTS WITH RENAL FAILURE - A case report
Balcheva M.*, Abadjiev M.**, Dencheva M.***, Iovchev D.***, Kisselova A.***
* Department of Conservative Dentistry and Pedodontics, ** Department of Prosthodontics and Orthodontics, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical University - Varna, Bulgaria
*** Department of Imaging and Oral Diagnostics, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical University - Sofia,Bulgaria
We present a case of a patient with severe renal disease and many complications. The patient is fully questioned and tested due to the searched dental focus - his state is not going better in spite of the treatment and the partial parathyroidectomy. The orthopantomograms with the brown tumors in his jaw bones are also interesting.
Key words: renal failure, focus, brown tumor.
Page: 43-44; FULL TEXT PDF (143 KB) Abstract
1. Triantafillidou K, Zouloumis L, Karakinaris G, Kalimeras E, Iordanidis F. Brown tumors of the jaws associated with primary or secondary hyperparathyroidism. A clinical study and review of the literature. Am J Otolaryngol. 2006 Jul-Aug; 27(4): 281-6. [ PubMed ]
2. Tarello F, Ottone S, De Gioanni PP, Berrone S. Brown tumor of the jaws. Minerva Stomatol. 1996 Oct; 45(10):465-70. (Article in Italian)[ PubMed ]
3. Sutbeyaz Y, Yoruk O, Bilen H, Gursan N. Primary hyperparathyroidism presenting as a palatal and mandibular brown tumor. J Craniofac Surg. 2009 Nov; 20(6):2101-4.[ PubMed ]
4. Petrunov, B., Dimitrov, V., Kisselova-Yaneva, A. Clinical immunology. Clinical allergology. Dental clinical allergology. ARSO Med. Publ., 2009, 1sted.
back to Online Journal