Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312-773X (Online)
Issue:Volume 16, book 4, 2010
Subject Collection:Oral and Dental Medicine
Page: 47 - 50
Online date: Dec 6, 2010
CLINICAL CASE WITH IMMEDIATE PLACEMENT OF IMPLANTS AND EARLY LOADING WITH MOVABLE PROSTHETIC STRUCTURE OF A PATIENT WITH GENERALIZED PERIODONTITIS AND II - III DEGREE MOBILITY OF THE TEETH
Tihomir Georgiev, Kamen Nogalchev
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery,
Department of Prosthetic Dental Medicine, Faculty of Dental Medicine,
Medical University - Varna, Bulgaria
One of the most common inflammation disease in the oral cavity for the past few years is the chronic form of parodontitis. Every 2nd or 3rd patient who has been to the dentist has the illness. If a person has this illness he cannot have an implant treatment done, because it is temporarily contraindicated until the oral hygiene and status is restored. Patients with reoccurring chronic periodontitis, who need an implant treatment are a real challenge for the dental surgeon and the prosthetis.
Page: 47-50; FULL TEXT PDF (199 KB) Abstract
1. A. Stavropoulos, J. Nyengaard, N. Lang, T. Karring (2008) Immediate loading of single SLA implants: drilling vs. osteotomes for the preparation of the implant site. Clin. Oral. Impl. Res. 19, 2008/ 55-65
2. Szmuckler-Moncler, S.Salama, H. Reingeweritz, Y. & Dubruille, J.H. (1998) Timing of loading and effect of micromotion on bone-dental implant interface: review of experimental literature. Jouranl of Biomedical material Research 43:193-203.
3. Schitman, P.A., Wohrle, P.S. & Rubenstein, J.E. (1990) Immediate fixed interim prostheses supported by two-stage threaded implants: methodology and results. Journal of Oral Implantology 16: 96-105.
4. Tarnow, D.P., Emtiaz, S. & Classi, A. (1997) Immediate loading of threaded implants at stage I surgery in edentulous arches: ten consecutive case reports with 1- to 5-year data. International journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants 12: 319-324.
5. Paul A. Schinitman, DDS, MS/Peter S. Wohrle, DMD/Jeffrey E. Rubenstein, DMD, MS Immediate Fixed Interim Prostheses Supported by Two-stage Threaded Implants: Methodology and Results;
6. Dittmar May, DMD, MD, Dr Med/Georg E. Romanos, DDS, Dr Med Dent Immediate implant-supported mandibular overdentures retained by conical crowns: A new treatment concept;
7. Lyndon F. Cooper, DDS, PhD/ Amin Rahmen, BDS, MPH/John Moriarty, DDS, MS/Nancy Chafee, DDS, MS/Debra Sacco, DDS, MS Immediate Mandibular Rehabilitation with Endosseous Implants: Simultaneous Extraction, Implant Placement, and Loading;
back to Online Journal